Most whisky distilleries will have claim to something unique, but the Glenfiddich single malt whisky distillery probably holds claim to some of the most unique factors to any Scotch whisky distillery.
The name Glenfiddich means “Valley of the Deer” in Gaelic. It is situated in the Speyside region of Scotland near the town of Dufftown. The same town, where William Grant, the founder of Glenfiddich was born.
Buy Glenfiddich Single Malt Whisky
Glenfiddich – A Unique Whisky Distillery
So what is it that make Glenfiddich single malt whisky so unique? Here we’ve put together 10 unique factors which the distillery can lay claim to:
- Glenfiddich is still a family owned distillery and completely independent.
- One of the largest producers of single malt whisky
- The first whisky producer to market single malt whiskies in tins and gift boxes.
- The first distillery to open a whisky visitor centre.
- Producer of the the most awarded single malt whiskies.
- Use disasters to make classic whiskies. In the winter of 2010 the roofs of a warehouse collapsed because of the snow. The whisky produced there were used to create Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix.
- Uses a Solera Vat to create their 15 year old single malt.
- Was the first whisky company to advertise single malt whisky outside of Scotland.
- The bottles used are triangular in shape. This is used for both their single malt whiskies and their blended whisky – Grant’s.
- All of the steps in the whisky making from malting the barley to bottling takes place on site.
What is your favourite Glenfiddich whisky? Do you know of any other unique factors that we’ve missed here? Then please leave a comment below. All relevant comments will be published.
We sell our single malt whisky through the Whisky Exchange online whisky shop. If you want to find out more about this, then please click here. They are the biggest sellers of single malt whisky online.