So, what are the most popular single malts at the present moment? Over the past few months there has been a marked interest in trying different whiskies. All of these whiskies are available at the Whisky Exchange. So if you are thinking of something new to try, then here are the top ten best sellers:
- Dalmore 12 yr old. This has been a big hit with whisky lovers for the past 2 years. It’s a rich full-flavoured single malt of the highest quality. Top seller at whisky shops.
- The Glenlivet 15 yr old. One of the most popular whiskies for a long time. The 15 yr old is very fruity and one of the most pleasant Speyside whiskies. This one has some French oak to add a nice spice to it.
- Jura Superstition. Coming from the Island region, this has a gentle smokiness to it but with fruit overtones. A very rich and delicious whisky.
- Bowmore 12 yr old. Definitely one of my favourites. There is a disticnt peatiness, as you would expect from an Islay malt. This is a good all-rounder with sweet fruit and spice.
- Balvenie Signature. Amongst whisky experts the Balvenie whiskies are regarded as the finest crafted malt whiskies. This is a fresh and fruity offering from Speyside.
- Glenfarclas. Top class Speyside whisky. Leaving off the gimicks, frills and the rest, this whisky is a joy to drink. Matured in the finest sherry casks.
- Ardbeg 10 yr old. One of the younest amonst the top 10 but certainly not one of the weak offerings. This is a sweet, rich whisky with strong peatiness. It’s certainly an impressive Islay single malt.
- Auchentoshan 12 yr old. The most popular Lowland malt. As you would expect from the Lowland whiskies, this is sweet and gently. It has improved greatly once it moved from a 10 yr old to 12 yr old.
- BenRiach 12 yr old. From the Speyside region this is a classic, clean sweet and fruity single malt. Perfect for nice summer evenings.
- Glenrothes Select Reserve. To finish off, we have a nice Highland single malt which combines all the things we expect from Highland malts. It’s light with citrus overtones matured in fine sherry casks.
If you have some comments or your favourites then please let us know.